December 24, 2012

Holiday Goodies

We kept busy this holiday season trying to fill our days with little activities. Bored kids = annoyed mom. I much prefer it when the girls are busy little bees and they aren't bugging me every second to play with them. I know that probably sounds bad. I promise I do spend a lot of time interacting with them, but I am a firm believer that parents should not have to entertain their children 24 hours a day. They need to be able to play on their own. After all, how else would the laundry get folded? ;) At the end of the day though "You will always be your child's favorite toy". Love that quote.

Decorating gingerbread men. The absolute worst decorating kit I have ever seen. Willy Wonka, totally disappointed! The gingerbread was gross, the icing didn't stick to the man and luckily it included a box of Nerds to occupy Madeline while my mom and I cursed the whole situation. 


We made our own edible Christmas trees! 
She is a huge fan of icing.

He was proud of his tree and the fact that he used the gold Hershey's Kiss as a star. His creativity really enthralls all of us.

We made cinnamon applesauce ornaments. The girls LOVED this. The house smelled really good afterwards as well. Ella gave her dance teachers each one for a gift. No lie, I still have a cinnamon applesauce ornament from my 5th grade teacher and it stilllll smells!
Final products!

No comments: