"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
I love Pinterest. It helps me have fun with my kids;) No, really. It does. Sometimes I am fresh out of ideas to keep them occupied, but when I saw a mom on Pinterest plan a Grinch night, I was all about it.
We started our day baking sugar cookies rolled in green sugar aka "Grinch cookies". The girls did it all. I bought the easy cookies from a bag. (Don't judge. They're delicious and easy...and I had a lot of laundry to do that day.) You add an egg and a stick of butter. They couldn't possibly mess this up. They added the green sugar crystals and voila! Yummy. Ella wanted to be all fancy and have ME ice the Grinch's face on them, but I had to remind her of my lack of artistic ability and the fact that these kids and their dad eat cookies faster than any other human beings on Earth. There was no way I was wasting my precious time making cookies look pretty. Sorry kid. But I LOVE YOUUUUU.
Once Tom came home, we took the girls to the park where you can drive through and they have tons of light displays set up. They were in heaven. I loved when Madeline would point and say "Wook Ella (Look), wook at dat one!" Afterwards, we came home and made "Grinch punch" with lime sherbet and Sprite and ate cookies while watching The Grinch. Ella told me it was her favorite day ever. And that made this mama pretty darn happy.


1 comment:
I can't live without it! LOL. Super cute!
Post a Comment