December 19, 2012

Christmas Party...Army style

Party in the middle of the work day? I'll take it. Especially if it means hanging out as a family. Tom's office had a Christmas party filled with delicious BBQ food, sweet tea, cobblers and cake. Christmas music adorned the room. Santa (some guy from Tom's office) walked around handing out giant candy canes filled with candy to the kids and we played games. I happened to win Bingo. My lucky day...I got a new pretty Christmas mug. (I love big coffee mugs...that darn Keurig and it's cup sizes do not fit my poor Fiestaware coffee mugs unless you want the mini cup of coffee).

The girls were itching to sit on Santa's lap, but I told them they had to finish their food first. Madeline sat down, ate a plateful and the next thing I know I look over and she's walking toward Santa. Apparently she takes what I say very literally.

We had a great time celebrating...a small reminder to just how close Christmas is getting! Ahhhhhhh!

And that's as good as it gets for sitting on Santa's lap this year. Bad mom didn't take them anywhere else:( 

No comments: