Christmas has begun on Ft. Sill. We went to the annual Christmas Tree lighting on Post yesterday. I thought it was just a small shin dig, but turns out it was a pretty big deal. The girls are more excited than I have ever seen any child for the littlest taste of Christmas. Their eyes light up when they see the lit manger at the church, or a house with a few strands of lights. Or they scream in delight when we see real deer while driving on Post (and they make me slowwwww down and stare to ensure we do not hit what could possibly be Rudolph). Their excitement makes me THAT much more excited to fill this month with holiday fun for them. They're only young once, and they only believe for so long...
With this tree lighting, they were able to experience it Army-style. We got our hot cocoa and cookies inside a huge army tent. We were greeted by soldiers dressed as gingerbread, the Grinch (made Madeline cry) and elves. A quintet of soldiers played their instruments to holiday tunes. Santa Claus rode in on calvary, and the tree was miraculously lit after Santa let the cannons off!
As I stood there holding Madeline, and Ella was happily resting on her daddy's shoulders, I felt so happy and so relieved to have Tom home this season. The little things seem much more enjoyable with him by our sides.
 |
| Tom's office and the location of the tree lighting:) |
 |
| Playing in the "reindeer pen" where the kids were allowed to watch the show |
 |
| Top left is Santa trying to step off the horse and top right is Santa talking to the COL. And that one of Madeline...I caught her holding her ears during the cannons! |
 |
| And here's the pretty tree all lit up! |
No comments:
Post a Comment